Senior Producer - Qatar 365
Job Summary :
“Qatar 365” is a new show on Qatar’s unique business, culture and leisure offering in the capital Doha and beyond.
Modern, dynamic and engaging the show will contain two or three segments, providing varied and entertaining content.
Story segments will fit into four main pillars: Lifestyle & Culture, Business & Technology, Leisure & Tourism and Environment & Sustainability.
Your role, as Senior Producer in Doha will be to:
- Ideation: You’ll be responsible for producing a set number of shows so will need to be the editorial driving force behind them. Coming up with great story ideas, helping book guests and writing the scripts for the show.
- Pre-Production: Work closely with the Exec Producer, Anchor and production manager to plan and manage all daily operations to ensure we produce the best content possible.
- On-air role: You will also be required to be the face of some of the shows you produce meaning you’ll have experience as a reporter and be well versed in doing pieces to camera.
- Post-Production: The role requires overseeing the edits of shows to ensure they deliver compelling and entertaining stories for our audiences around the World.
- Quality Control: Head of Editorial in Qatar and the Editor in Chief in Lyon to put in place measures to ensure a rigorous process for quality control. From subbing scripts to overseeing edits and making sure we meet expectations when shows are delivered.
- Forward Planning: Work closely with the Inspire Middle-East Team to develop fresh ideas for upcoming events and conferences, and to plan shoots and production schedules in advance.
- Plan and approve assignments: Work with Euronews production managers to ensure we are covered for upcoming productions.
- Compliance Knowledge: Be familiar with the rules governing the production of television programmes in the UK (OFCOM and France (CSA) to make sure we meet all compliance demands and produce shows in line with Euronews’ own editorial guidelines.
- Resolve issues as they arise: The ideal individual for this role will need a flexible approach to work and able to deal with issues as they arise especially when trying to balance client demands with editorial integrity.
Success in this role requires an inspirational producer/reporter with a diverse experience in making feature television shows, especially sponsored content. You will have a passion to develop new formats and explore new subjects that will not only help our advertiser achieve their communication goals but also give our audiences fresh and exciting content to view. You will be collaborative; your role will be to galvanise the production team, you will be calm under pressure and able to handle overseeing the delivery of multiple campaigns. A solutions orientated outlook is vital to help solve challenges as they arise. You will need to be a superb communicator and motivator able to inspire and lift your production team during times of heavy workloads and demanding schedules. A diplomatic approach to dealing with clients and the sales team is also important. The list above is not all encompassing and the individual who undertakes this role will be expected to undertake a wide range of tasks when called upon by Euronews.
Required profile :
- Fluent (written and spoken) English, Arabic a plus
- 5+ years’ experience producing content in the Middle East and accustomed to working within a multicultural and multilingual setting
- Well-connected in Qatar and throughout the Middle East with production companies and/or talent
- Able to understand euronews processes, constraints and production deadlines
- Track Record in producing high quality television shows
- Exceptional ability in researching and writing
- Ability to create, develop & execute exciting stories
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience as a reporter vital
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- Educated to degree level
Further Information :
● One-year contract based in Doha
● Contract type: Fixed term
● Start activity: Ideally from October 2022
If you meet these criteria and the position interests you, please apply online with a CV and motivation letter. This is an equal employment opportunity and applications will be dealt with utmost confidentiality and will be strictly reserved for the use of this specific recruitment.
Talent Acquisition Team
56, Quai Rambaud - 69002 Lyon